Monday, June 8, 2009

Go Get Aunt Marley...

The girls and I went with my parents up to North Carolina to go visit my sister and to help her pack and come home for the summer. It was a nice trip...and so good to see where Marlana has been living.


The weather was soooo nice, if not a bit chilly. I loved it!


Wake Forest is a beautiful little town that is full of cute stores. While we were window shopping, my dad took the girls and visited all the fire hydrants. Aaralyn is a bit obsessed with them. She especially likes to shake the chain and say, "Oh, hi, hydrant!" It is very cute.

While the girls were taking a nap, we went to one of Marlana's favorites, the Tea Room. We wore hats and had delicious tea.


Isn't my momma pretty?



Marlana and her friend, Amelia.


We had cookies...


scones...


and tea. I got Chocolate Mint Tea. Unbelievably good!

If you know Aaralyn, no playground goes unnoticed. And this one had HUGE slides:




You may not be able to tell, but it was a tall slide that was quite steep. Aaralyn went really fast...and she loved it. This was the first time she went down, and her face shows it all!


Elise was just as happy as can be in her carrier.

Papa and his granddaughters

Although the ride was SUPER long (13+ hours), the girls handled it very well. Glad to have Marlana back home for the summer. We hope to visit lots before she goes back in the Fall.

5 comments:

bella chung said...

elise is sooo cute with her tongue sticking out! and aaralyn down the slide is awesome. you can totally see it in her face :) miss you guys~! and donny too.. :)

Michelle Mayer said...

janna, my lovely friend....you look so lovely! And I cant believe how big Aaralyn is now and Elise! What beautiful wee girls. I loved the tearoom pics...wish you were over here so I could take you for some.
Hoping that our paths will cross again soon.

Love Michelle.

Hope said...

So, just wondering... is your next blog post going to be, "To take Aunt Marley?" hahaha. not that I have room to talk. :)

mikedbennett said...

Hey Janna! If I'm now a regular blogger, I expect you to be too! There has been a lot going on since June, but I'm excited to see the girls through your blog in the Fall semester!
Also, wanted to tell you I love the hat you're wearing, and that you may want to change the Fisher family details. No more Corky! ;)

mikedbennett said...

I also want to let you know that that was all written by me, Ashley. :-P