Saturday, October 18, 2008

Pumpkin Patch

Yesterday, we went and visited a Pumpkin Patch here in Tallahassee. It was very fun and Aaralyn had a great time running around and being outside with the "punkins" - as she says.
She went around hugging all the pumpkins- big and small. It was so very cute! I call this series of pictures "Hugging of the Pumpkins."
big ones...

bigger ones...

even the "warty' ones...



the tiny ones too...yes, she is trying to bend down and give it a hug!

Ashley was with us and we got a picture of the three of us! That never happens, because I am usually behind the camera!!


Now on to the "Carving of the Pumpkin" series...
This is the first in our Fisher history! (actually, only the second time I had EVER carved a pumpkin!)
teaching Aaralyn how to get the seeds out.

reaching down deep...her arm almost wasn't long enough!

we got something...

"Eeeeds!" I think she liked it!

Ashley is our in-home artist, so she did the honors of drawing the design.

We all took a swing at the actual carving...well, everyone but Aaralyn! Ashley carved the eyes...

Donny did the mouth...

And I did the nose. It was great fun!

Our beautiful...well, VERY CUTE...pumpkin!

I think this will become a family tradition!!

Stay tuned for today's adventure...the Tallahassee Greek Festival...coming soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh FUN!!! So, I googled a pumpkin patch and the only thing I came up with for pumpkin patch in Edinburgh was a day care. Sad.

That is soooooooooo freaking cute that she was hugging all of the pumpkins.