Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Sharing means Caring


As you remember from a previous post, at the beginning of the year, we moved Aaralyn into a "Big Girl Bed." Aaralyn has been doing so well in her bed. Elise has moved into a good sleeping schedule, going to bed at the same time Aaralyn does. So we have started transitioning the girls into the same room. We had one false start about a week and a half ago when Elise started waking up at 5am, so we had to back up and fix that first. Now that she is sleeping til 7 (or later!!) we tried again. So far, so good. I don't know what it is exactly, but at night Elise sleeps better in her bassinet in our room than she does in the crib in her room (although nap times, she sleeps in her crib just fine. Kinda weird.) Hopefully, she will get over her night waking and sleep just as well in her room as she does in ours.
I am very excited that our girls are getting to share a room. I know that this will only enhance the "sister experience" as they grow older. I was so blessed to have a great relationship with my sister and I pray our girls will have the same connection as I do with Marlana.
Here is where it starts. All love. And I am so excited about their future!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are going to have break through this week with the nigh time waking! They are going to do great sharing a room. :)

Kelly Bell said...

Aaralyn looks so grown up in that last picture. What a beautiful daughters you have!

Anonymous said...

Aaralyn looks almost 4... She is so big! Elise keeps getting cuter and cuter... I hope my kids turn out just as cute! (Many years from now)

Anonymous said...

Aw...that is sooo sweet! I know that they are going to love each other forever and share a special bond-that is what sisters do! Aaralyn is going to be the best big sister a girl could ask for-just like you, and Elise is going to be the most amazing little sister-just like me! :) Love ya'll!

-Aunt Marley