Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Drool on my shoulder...

So, as of late, I have been noticing how big my little girl is getting. She is no longer the baby that we brought home from the hospital 18 months ago today. We are so close to having another little one join us in our crazy, busy life...I want to make sure that I don't miss the moments that are given to us now. Aaralyn is getting older, and I know that when the new little one gets here, she will seem even older than she does now. I am sad to see this time in our family pass. But at the same time, I could not be more excited about Elise's arrival and all the wonderful changes that will occur in this new season.
But for now...in the few short days left before my little baby becomes my little girl...I am relishing in the times I get to put her to bed... holding her close for our night-night hug, rocking her, praying for her, getting drool on my shoulder, laying her to bed.
It won't be long before these things will be a thing of the past. I will miss this...

3 comments:

Angela said...

Janna, I remember feeling this way too, about the same time. Having two is awesome, being 19 months apart is hard, but oh the love you will have for both. I have only loved Charles more by having Isabella. I am still enjoying every moment I have with him and the same with her. The second will grow up faster. And the first will need you less. Both are wonderful in their own ways. Good luck to you all.

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwww, this was so sweet. I can't believe the baby is going to be here soon.

Anonymous said...

Janna, just saw the family fun day pics of you guys at hte park. Aaralyn is so big now!
And you look absolutely beautiful!
Looks like you are relishing life! That is such a very good place to be at.
Thinking of you friend.
Love Michelle.